The Government on 18th August announced new measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in Ireland. These measures will remain in effect until September 13th. Below are detailed the measures as they relate to gyms and leisure centres. Ireland Active are seeking clarity regarding these measures and will update members as soon as we have more information. Link to detail here.
Cultural, social and sport measures
- All remaining community, religious, cultural, social and sport facilities can remain open.
- Sporting events and matches can continue to take place behind closed doors.
- Gatherings, including social gatherings, before or after events must be avoided. Participants should practice 2 metre physical distancing before and after events, during breaks in play, on the sidelines and team huddles should be avoided.
- Gyms/leisure centres/swimming pools/exercise and dance studios can remain open with strict distancing and other appropriate protective measures in place.
- Exercise and dance classes should be limited to 6 people and observe physical distancing rules.
- Groups exercising outdoors should be limited to 15 people, including training sessions. There should be no mixing between groups.
- It is recommended that those responsible for managing these facilities should have completed a risk assessment before reopening to manage the public health risk for their customers, attendees, participants, and staff.
- The assessment should consider the risk factors for getting COVID-19, that is Distance, Activity, Time and Environment, and include controls such as managed entry, improved hygiene facilities, and regular cleaning to limit these.
- Facilities should observe physical distancing guidelines and apply the public health checklist to their operation. Guidance on mass gatherings should also be followed.
- Facilities reopening with a return of staff should apply the Return to Work Safely Protocol. This has been designed to support employers and workers to put measures in place that will prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. Further information can be found in the Workers section below.
The measures in place in Kildare, Laois and Offaly announced on August 7th, remain in effect until midnight Sunday 23 August.
Should members have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com .