REPs Ireland, the Register of Exercise Professionals in Ireland is seeking to appoint a full-time Administrator.
REPs Ireland, sub-organisation of Ireland Active, has been established to professionalise the fitness industry through the promotion of standards for fitness qualifications. The register is made up of exercise professionals who have completed fitness qualifications through REPs Ireland approved education providers. The appointment of an administrator to the organisation is key in its future growth. REPs Ireland seeks to provide outstanding services to members of the register, its stakeholders and industry partners.
The Administrator will be responsible for assisting the REPs Ireland Registrar in the operation of services for REPs Ireland members in addition to the day-to-day administration of the office which includes certain activities under Ireland Active.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Assist in the delivery of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the REPs Ireland Registrar, REPs Ireland members, Ireland Active staff and Ireland Active members:
- Processing of REPs Ireland membership application and renewal requests
- Liaising with Ireland Active member facilities for registration of employees
- Overseeing international portability requests between REPs Ireland and other national registers
- Processing of non-standard application requests
- Invoicing and recording of payments
- Data management, filing and archiving information
- Dealing with incoming correspondence and general inquiries
- Maintenance and upkeep of REPs Ireland website and social media platforms
- Screening and handling telephone calls, enquiries and requests
- Attendance at REPs Ireland meetings and meeting minute taking
- Assistance with member events and programmes
- Processing new memberships for Ireland Active and obtaining new memberships through engagement with non-members
- Assisting with the overall development of the Leisure, Health & Fitness Skillnet which is run through Ireland Active
The applicant should possess:
- A third level qualification in sport or business (desirable)
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills as well as relationship building skills
- Administrative and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Good ICT skills with the capacity to maximise technology to increase efficiencies
- Experience in use of the following systems would be beneficial: Salesforce, Office Outlook, Microsoft Excel, PayPal and WordPress Website
- An understanding of the leisure, health and fitness industry is preferable
- Knowledge of fitness qualifications desirable
- A passion for upkeeping professional standards in the industry
- Enthusiastic to learn, network and collaborate with partners and industry peers
- Experience of having worked within a sporting or leisure organisation is desirable but not essential
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
The following outlie some of the benefits to employees:
- Continuous development opportunities
- Flexibility of remote working
- Company days’ leave in addition to annual leave
- Opportunity to attend national and international events
- Networking opportunities
- Structured working hours
- Teambuilding events
- Gym membership*
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within the organisation and the Irish leisure, health and fitness sector.
Application Process: Candidates should submit a detailed cover letter together with a CV to include the names & contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) by email to: email@example.com
Remuneration Salary range €25,000-€30,000 per annum, dependent on experience and negotiation with successful candidate.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Dublin 15 with some travel required.
Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted.
All candidates must have existing valid permission to live and work in Ireland unrestricted. Ireland Active is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications.
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
Closing date for applications 5pm Friday 23rd June 2023