Ireland Active is the national association for the leisure, health and fitness sector representing over 350 organisations across the Republic of Ireland. Our members include hotel, public and private leisure centres, swimming pools, gyms, studios, recreational facilities, education providers and activity centres all of which play a key role in inclusive activity catering for all ages and ability, providing an outlet for physical activity in communities across the country.
We work with partners in Dept of Sport, Sport Ireland, Skillnet Ireland, Swim Ireland, CARA and others to actively promote the social and economic importance of the Irish leisure, health and fitness sector with the aim of getting more people, more active more often.
Ireland Active is structured as a not-for-profit entity and a company limited by guarantee with a Board consisting of representatives from both within the membership (Private Industry, Local Authority Industry, Education, Hotels) as well as independent directors which oversee the strategic direction of the organisation. The organisation has grown significantly over the past number of years. We are now looking to hire a National Standards and REPs Registrar:
The National Standards Manager & REPs Registrar is an externally facing position responsible for developing and delivering the activities of The National Quality Standard (NQS) and REPs Ireland along with promoting the NQS and register to our membership, stakeholders and beyond. A key aspect to the position is ensuring the continued integration of REPs as a quality assurance and industry standard brand of Ireland Active. The successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing our relationship with our partners and promotion of our activities. A key aspect of this role will be increasing participation in the NQS, REPS register and working closely with our industry education providers. The role will require developing and implementing industry standards in line with the Ireland Active strategic development plan 2021 -2024. This is a great opportunity to utilise your quality assurance and fitness sector expertise with a team that are passionate about what we do for our stakeholders. The ideal candidate for the position has managerial experience, along with experience in quality and assurance, education and technical understanding of the complexities of the leisure health fitness and sports industry. The position is based in Sport HQ on the national sports campus, Dublin 15.
Key duties and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the role include but is not limited to-
- Develop and execute strategies and plans for NQS and REPs Ireland as agreed with the CEO
- Lead all of Ireland Actives activities which require auditing and quality assurance
- Plan and maintain the budget for NQS and REPs Ireland
- Develop code of conduct for the leisure health and fitness industry
- Develop gym standards guideline
- Ensure that REPs Ireland and its programmes & events are promoted successfully
- Review applications for the register
- Liaise with Education & Training Providers regarding endorsement
- Standard development
- Tutor Training
- QA criteria & standards
- Liaise with facility operators regarding
- Registration of NQS and REPS Register
- Support implementation of registration
- Discuss needs of employers in relation to quality standards education & training.
- Co-ordinate and provide support information for NQS committee and REPs Ireland Council
- Represent Ireland Active and REPs Ireland at events & forums – national & international – 3-4 key international events per year
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards & best practice.
- Co-ordinate and build relationships with other professional organisations and registers nationally and internationally.
- Strategic development of the Register
- Framework Development
- Education & Training Standards
- Managing team members as agreed with CEO including performance reviews, annual leave, work duties and standards
- Organisation & Delivery of National events/seminars such as Ireland Active Convention & REPs Ireland Conference
- Updating of Newsletter, Website & all social media in consultation with the Marketing & Communications Officer
- Assist in the delivery of appropriate elements of the Ireland Active Strategic Plan
- Provide regular reports for Board meetings of Ireland Active/REPs Ireland Council
- Presenting as and when required on NQS and REPS business
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity you will be required to work and with consultation and can be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Third level qualification
- 2-4 years or more experience in a management of quality assurance
- Experience in the education sector
- Knowledge of leisure, health, fitness and sports industry including issues and business practices.
- Proven track record of managing and growing membership and revenue goals, and anticipating growth and development needs.
- Experience maintaining accurate membership records and databases
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent presentation skills.
- Capacity to think outside of the box, be creative, and easily adjust to shifting expectations and workflows, while demonstrating outstanding organisational skills and setting priorities.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Dublin 15 with some travel required.
Salary range: €50,000 based on experience + excellent benefits.
Only applicants to be invited for an interview will be contacted.
All candidates must have existing valid permission to live and work in Ireland unrestricted. Ireland Active is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.
Application Process: Candidates should submit a detailed cover letter together with a CV to include the names & contact details of 2 referees (email addresses if possible) by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 30th June 2023