The annual Ireland Active Conference took place on Friday 25th of November at the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co. Cavan. The conference is a focal point for networking, discussion and debate amongst the leisure, healthand fitness community in Ireland. Trade suppliers, expert speakers and guests come together for a spectacular day of events.
Twenty-seven of the leading fitness and leisure industry companies were in attendance, with everything from CRM software to the latest in gym and fitness equipment on exhibit for delegates at the conference.
– Joe Cosgrove, Chairperson of Ireland Active
– Karl Dunne, CEO of Ireland Active
– John Quinlan, Lawler Consulting
– Denis Neary – SEAI / Lorna Brady – SPORTSCO / Tina Dowling – The Watershed / Niall Cull – DLR Leisure
– Peter Boland, Insurance Alliance
– Ray Goggins, Coreskill Training & Chief Instructor RTÉ’s Ultimate Hell Week
– David Nolan, PHD / Lecturing Assistant
– Paolo Caserotti, Lead Researcher – University of Denmark
– Kate McDaid, NutriKate
Ray Goggins’ keynote presentation was an interesting discussion of team building and leadership, along with how this can be applied to the leisure, health and fitness industry. As a former member of the Irish Special Forces, Ray spoke of his time in conflict areas in East Timor as well as private contracting in Afghanistan and what he had learned from these experiences.
As speeches came to a close,The NQS awards night took centre stage. This was a fantastic celebration of excellence within the leisure, health & fitness industry. A summary of award winners can be found in the link below:
NQS – Conference and Awards – Ireland Active