WHAT ARE THE IRELAND ACTIVE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD AWARDS?
The National Quality Standard Awards are the only industry-specific awards for the Leisure, Health & Fitness sector in Ireland.
They assess the following areas:
- Customer Engagement
- Human Resources
The standard is subdivided on three levels as follows:
HOW DO I APPLY?
All applications are made on line www.irelandactive.ie A 30 day period is available for you to complete the application, you may return to the application form as many times as necessary during this period. Your data will be stored (provided you use the ‘save answer’ function) each time you edit the form.
There is a disclaimer which will need to be signed and returned to the Ireland Active Office prior to your application being audited.
Steps to follow:
- Log on to www.Irelandactive.ie.
- Sign in with your username and password
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- In the NQS Dashboard menu will you be escorted to your profile; this will prompt you to request an invoice before proceeding with the application
- Next it will ask you to fill in 3 pieces of info:
- Coordinator e.g., NQS Coordinator
- Facility Name e.g., Ireland Active
- Award Type – it is very important you select the correct award type, Leisure, Hotel Leisure, or Fitness
6. Once you click save profile you will then click on NQS area and begin the application
WHEN DO I APPLY?
Application dates for 2024 will be released shortly.
Applications are completed online.
Once you have submitted your application, your status is apparent.
This status remains provisional pending the outcome of your facilities’ audit.
HOW DO I ACHIEVE THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD?
All criteria must be met at Achieved level to reach the standard.
There is specific criteria depending if you are a Leisure, Fitness or Hotel Leisure facility. Please contact NQS@irelandactive.ie regarding more specific criteria, or by checking the ‘Resources’ section of your NQS profile on our website.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES?
Any facility applying must be a current Ireland Active member and be in operation for a minimum of 6 months.
WHAT IS THE COST OF APPLYING FOR THE NATIONAL QUALITY STANDARD?
€570 (Leisure and Hotel) or €370 (Fitness/Dry Gym)
WHAT ARE THE TIMELINES?
May (TBC) – Online application open
May (TBC) – NQS Workshop
June (TBC) – Online application closed
June – August – Online and onsite audit and consultation
September – All audits completed
October – Preliminary Award
October – Jury Meeting
November – Awards Ceremony
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO PREPARE FOR THE AUDIT?
Each criteria stipulates the specific requirements that must be met.
The audit will verify that these requirements are in place.
WHEN ARE THE AWARDS PRESENTED?
An awards ceremony are generally held in November
WHO SITS ON THE JURY PANEL?
The jury is comprised of an independent panel of experts with industry specific experience including representatives from
Active Disability Ireland
Irish Water Safety
Irish Hotels Federation
Environmental Health Association of Ireland
Microbiology Department-Trinity College Dublin
National Lifeguard Training Programme
Independent Chairperson – Guy Thompson
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE JURY?
The role of the jury is to validate the process, to ensure consistency and to address any possible anomalies external to the Ireland Active administration
WHAT IS THE APPEALS PROCESS?
Facilities who wish to dispute their result must formally submit the basis for their appeal in writing, within one week upon receipt of notification of award, and address it to the Chair of the National Quality Standard Jury, Ireland Active office in Dublin- Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
- All appeals received are acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt by Ireland Active.
- Investigations on all appeals will be concluded within 4 working weeks of the date the appeal was received.
- The decision of the Chair of the jury is final, in all matters of appeal.