Lobbying on issues such as maintaining the reduced 9% VAT rate.
Representation at national level on groups such as the National Physical Activity Plan.
Policy and Standards development- we are contributing to National Sports Policy and European Standards for the leisure, health and fitness sector.
National Quality Standards Awards entry available for members only.
Invitation to attend Ireland Active regional network meetings
Ireland Active logo – display our logo on digital or printed communications to let consumers and business know you align to a professional industry body.
Europe Active Membership – access to industry information and discounts on reports and events (contact through Ireland Active).
Participation in and marketing support for National events – Ireland Active National Fitness Day, Workplace Wellbeing Day, Active School Week and Fit4All Week.
Networking opportunities with industry peers and experts.
Regular updates on regulatory, legislative and standard charges.
Reduced rates on Ireland Active training, publications, products and services
Ireland Active PR & Media Support –Promote your news on our social media feeds and on our website.
Recruitment with free job advertisements on our website.
Ireland Active Business Support – access resources offering advice, pointers and an array of templates for business.
Discounted rates on training via the Leisure, Health & Fitness Skillnet.
Garda vetting processing service [fee per person €18.45 inclusive of VAT at standard rate].
Discounts on PPI music licencing fees unique to Ireland Active members (Quote your membership number).
Trade supplier offers and discounts
Being part of something bigger…
Support during COVID-19
We have been engaged regularly with government agencies and departments from the start of the Covid-19 crisis, and below are some submissions and media coverage in this regard. We have fed our industry’s concerns and proposals around the working of the various government schemes and the supports needed for re-opening under restricted circumstances.
Summary of recent activity for members during COVID-19 crisis:
- We received Skillnet Ireland funding for our members, for fully-funded training which we will be rolling out over the coming weeks. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our member webinars on industry challenges, re-opening strategies, the National Quality Standard, Workplace Wellbeing and Swimming pool operations were attended by over 500 members, which we will build on going forward. We welcome your feedback on any topics you would like to see covered.
- Garda vetting is still being processed with applications being submitted scanned online- email@example.com
- REPs Ireland registrations are still being processed along with audits of education providers- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media We have gained national coverage in highlighting industry concerns and calls for Government support. Feature include the Sunday Business Post, The Irish Independent , RTE Radio 1 Drivetime (Skip to 1 hour 20 mins) and the Irish Examiner
- Guidelines, training and support in advance of re-opening for our members.