The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
Many of the main concepts and principles of GDPR are much the same as those in our current Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the Acts) so if you are compliant under current law, then much of your approach should remain valid under the GDPR. However, GDPR introduces new elements and significant enhancements which will require detailed consideration by all organisations involved in processing personal data.
Some of the areas that will be covered in the course include the following:
- DPO Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Subject Rights
- Data Controller and Data Processor Responsibilities
- Privacy by Design and by Default
- Policies and Procedures required to meet the GDPR
- Governance and Risk Management
- Retention of membership forms, consent forms & Garda Vetting forms.