1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR DUTY MANAGERS
dlr Leisure operates and manages 4 leisure facilities and 1 Golf Club on behalf of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. The 4centres are:
- Samuel Beckett Civic Centre Ballyogan
dlr Leisure Stepaside Golf Club
To effectively manage and deliver front line services in accordance with the dlr Leisure strategies, policies and procedures. To develop, evaluate and monitor all aspects of the management of the centre including income and expenditure, health & safety, staffing, marketing & promotions.
- To ensure that the centre adheres to dlr Leisure policies, procedures and strategies including financial regulations and health & safety requirements.
- To monitor and evaluate all aspects of the operation of the centre including Information Technology, Administration, Human Resource Management, Business Development and Financial Management.
- To develop, review and implement Continuous Improvement Plans for Integrated Management System, Investors in People etc.
- To recruit, deploy and develop the workforce in line with dlr Leisure policies
- To mentor and lead the workforce in line with the centre/managers leadership ethos
- To develop a balanced programme of use that ensures maximum utilisation of all facilities and maximises potential income generation whilst ensuring that under represented groups have access to physical activity opportunities
- To market, promote and evaluate all aspects of the service to ensure value for money and financial viability of instructed classes, courses and multi sports activities.
- To maintain the centre in a good state of repair. To liaise with the appropriate people of dlr Leisure and their representatives to implement a programme of repairs and maintenance which protects dlr Leisure assets and meets all Health and Safety and other legislative requirements.
- To attract local, regional, national events to the centre as appropriate.
- To attend meetings as required and liaise with all users including public, clubs, sports governing bodies and dlr Leisure officers, maintaining a regular Customer Forum at the Centre.
- To maintain and develop good working relationships with both internal and external customers including public, Schools, Community Groups, Sports Clubs and Officers of the Council.
- To liaise as appropriate with local, regional and National Governing bodies of sport, Sports Partnership and any other organisations to promote the key sports that dlr Leisure Services’ are committed to delivering.
- To review and monitor all performance through the analysis of performance data such as usage figures, profit and loss statements for courses, sickness statistics and other available information.
- To carry out such duties as may be determined by the Council.
- To be available for pre agreed specific functions outside of normal working hours.
See full job spec below